Thursday, December 18, 2008

Global Warming??

The snow has continued to hit Las Vegas. While I am loving it, it is such a rare occurance here in the desert that people don't really know what to do. This morning they canceled school for the whole district, which just makes me laugh. Having grown up in Utah, I remember one time during my whole educational experiences that they canceled school. And there was so much snow that we could sled down the middle of the roads; it was piled so deep by our house that my brothers and I could jump off the roof of our house onto the front lawn and land safely cushioned by the snow.
But these cold conditions brings me to another issue that I have problems with, Global Warming. While I consider myself environmentally aware and concerned, I don't really believe in it. I think it's just a political conspiracy. I think true climate changes happen over millenials and Las Vegas's 30 degree weather this week will really throw a damper on the records. If your going to be worried about anything it's global cooling. There was a 10,000 year ice age, I don't recall anything about warm ages over the course of our earths history.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I totally agree about the whole Golbal Warming thing. I think its a bunch of crap. But, as far as the snow goes I can't wait for next week when we are going to utah to be in the snow.

Traci said...

Let it snow, funny how people are so scared of snow. I hate snow, I hate snow, Guess I can't move to Vegas better find another place with no snow.

JasonDebbie said...

I'ms jealous of the snow youre getting! You and jason should get together, he doesnt believ in global warming either. I do but not to the extent that the extreme people do. I think theres too much science to say its natural, but thats just me! I could be wrong about it. but I also think its part of the second coming and how jacked up the earth will be beforehand. Have fun sledding down grand teton!

Chelsea said...

Just to add to what Shane wrote...it is pretty hilarious to see people in Vegas and CA in these rare weather conditions because it was snowing here too and one of the main freeways by us was closed so people were pretty much locked up just because of a little snow that wasn't even sticking to the ground!! LOL...it's so crazy to me!

Beth said...

maybe they don't really mean 'global' warming. more like 'sporadic and random states mostly consisting of but not limited to the midwest' warming. Indiana has no snow.