Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Red Rock

I did the RedRock half-marathon last weekend, a feat I didn't think was possible. I have always wanted to be a runner but it hasn't come very easy. I have slowly been working on it the past few months and finally was able to accomplish this goal. In the process I have learned to LOVE running. I like how it makes me feel both physically and mentally. I think I do my best thinking while I run. Here are a few pics from the race.This is me about to cross the finish line. Good thing you can't see my face, it would't be a pretty sight. I was on the verge of tears and nausea at this point. You can't really tell from the picture but the finish line is actually on a hill. How mean is that? On the trail
My cousins and uncle that also ran the race.
Erin and Spencer
Up next: Bryce Canyon half-marathon. Any takers?



6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow, you inspire me! That is so amazing Jana! That is a huge accomplishment. I've always wanted to be a runner too deep down inside. It is not an easy thing for me at all! Maybe someday...practice, practice, practice!

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Jana- SO glad you're doing Bryce! So glad that race didn't discourage you after it was such a HARD half! Way to start on a hard one. We LOVED being with you. And good pics. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. I think you have made a goal....and guess what? You accomplished it! Way to go Jana!!!

Angie Ora said...

Way to go, Jana! I wish I could have been there to cheer you on! Everyone said they had a great time, and loved getting to know people in your ward (who love you all!).
Angie

Alan said...

nice work Jana - give Beth a call and give her some encouragement. She is training to run the Giest Half in May.

Katie said...

You're such an incredible woman Jana, thanks for inspiring me yet again.