Saturday, September 20, 2008

Big fat pregnant belly

So this is mostly for my mom because it's not a pretty sight, however, I also realized that most of my family has never really seen me pregnant. It's like I just show up at big family events with a baby. So despite the fact that I didn't actually do my hair or put on makeup I am still publishing this picture to show my ever expanding big fat pregnant belly.
So since I'm on the pregnancy subject, I'm feeling GREAT! Aside from the continued nightly nausea, bleeding gums, bleeding nose, swollen hands and feet, constipation, bloating, clogged sinuses, back ache and never sleeping, I'm doing great.
Okay so maybe 'great' is stretching it a bit. Honestly pregnancy just doesn't agree with me. I don't understand those women who say how much they love being pregnant. It is literally like a parasite takes over and begins to suck the life out of you. I'm not complaining. I am so excited about this baby. I treasure each kick I feel and thank Heavenly Father every day for him but it doesn't change the fact that it is hard. But these are the things that make it worth it.

I was in the shower the other day when Zoey came running up to tel l me Olivia had fallen and hurt her head. She assured me there was no blood or anything of the serious nature, so I finished my shower and came down stairs a few minutes later to check on her. Zoey had made her a little bed on the couch and was holding an ice pack on her head. They didn't notice me at first and Zoey was talking softly to Liv, trying to comfort her and make her feel better. How adorable is that? So this is why it's worth it....why 9 months of misery is worth it.

6 comments:

JasonDebbie said...

I agree with the pregnancy thing--its fun to wear maternity clothes at first and when you first start showing. A baby is so great but brings so many unwanted and horrible side effects. I was so miserable this last time I didnt know if I ever wanted to do it again. You are cute by the way!

The Piet Girls said...

And can I add what a cute pregnant lady you are! It is absolutely worth it! And you look GREAT!

The Bohne's said...

I can totally relate on the horrible, sick pregnancy. All of my boys were miserable, the whole entire time. But I also agree they are so worth it. You do look good!

John Ivie said...

I just realized I have never seen you pregnant either. Very cute! Your girls are adorable!

Angie said...

What about beautiful, cool pregnant lady. You ARE pregnant! How awesome. Yeah - sorry your body feels like it's being taken over by a parasite - but at least you know it's really just a sweet little BOY that's coming soon! That is really sweet about your girls. They are so cute to each other. Erin wasn't always so sweet to me. She used to step on me and divide the room so I couldn't go on her side. love you er. No, she was good to me... and really good in high school. Fun to see you Jana. I wish I could have seen you in Utah while we both were there. When are you guys coming out here? Soon, right?

Chelsea said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! You look cute pregnant! I can't wait to meet this little boy! hang in there