Friday, September 26, 2008

Tribute to the 80's

So for some weird reason I spent the afternoon listening to old 80's love songs.....Chicago, REO speedwagon, Journey etc.... Its been years since I've heard most of these songs and I find myself suddenly wanting so slow dance back in my high schools gym. Okay so not really, but it does bring back alot of memories. I think the 80's get a bad connotation from most people, including me. But as I listened to these awesome songs that have the cheesiest lyrics I started thinking about other awesome things that were products of the 80's. Here is what I came up with. Feel free to add your favorites.
1. Two of my favorite all time movies: Girls Just want to have Fun, and Goonies.

And what about TV shows: 21 Jump street (Johnny Depps origin), Growing Pains (I still love you Kirk Cameron), and Saved by the Bell


2. The fashion - In the 80's it was cool to wear workout clothes as your regular outfit...you were stylish not just having a lazy day. Side ponytails and teased bangs, okay I'm sort of teasing about this but I will admit that in 6th grade I proudly won the award for highest bangs. (this is someones real family pic!!)
3. The accesories - Plastic charm necklaces, jelly braclets, trapper keepers, Banana clips,

2 comments:

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

And I'm so glad I knew you at this precious time in our lives- with the high bangs and all. I seriously am laughing.

The Piet Girls said...

Good times!