Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Downside of Home Ownership

Since our last post we've had some house drama. We came home from Brian Head to a small flood in our living room. We had to replace some of our floor. The day after we finished this project we were surprised by our home builder with the news that they were re-plumbing our entire house. We knew since last year that they were going to do this, do to a lawsuit filed against the builder, but we didn't know the date. So without being able to recover from our flood we were kicked out of house for a week while they turned out home into a work site and literally replaced every pipe. At the end of the week I was so glad to have my house to myself, and they even hired a cleaner to come in and clean for us. So I decided to wash the rugs in my kitchen so they would match my nice new clean floors. I turned on the washer and went upstairs for a few minutes and returned to a foot of water downstairs. It seemed the workers didn't hook up my washer correctly and instead of it being filled up with water, my house and new floor received 30 gallons of water. So we spent the next week with the builders in our house again, knocking out the wall in my laundry room and replacing the floor again. While all this about sent me to the mental hospital, the girls had the best time because I was forced to be gone most of my days and we spent our time going to museums, pumpkins patches, the park and the movies. Not to mention lunches at mcdonalds. So here is a little sample of our activites. The Springs Preserve, a new museum and nature center.
A scarecrow garden

Rock Climbing at Springs Preserve
We just got a new park by our house, 'reptile park'.
Gilcrease Orchard

The girls in their Halloween Costumes. Zoey the bride and Olivia our butterfly.






10 comments:

Nicole B. said...

Man, I had no idea you guys were having to deal with all that! Hopefully everything is getting back into order now.

JasonDebbie said...

Holy cow I cannot believe that!! What craziness, I can't believe the plumbing was so crappy to begin with, at least they fixed it. And thank goodness they re-did your floors. That is just the icing on the cake to have all that happen and then also have the washer thing, holy crap. Our driveway is jacked up and was just poured all weird and the builder won't fix it because its been 2 years since the house was built....losers.

Traci said...

Yikes! Sorry that must have been horrible!

Chelsea said...

Wow that sounds like a nightmare! You should of come to Disneyland like Jason and Nicole are! Just kidding, Disneyland is NOT fun when you are pregnant! Been there done that! It looks like the girls were loving every minute of it! They look so cute in their Halloween costumes. When we were looking at one of the first pics. It looks like Livi is wearing jeans and we were shocked. Then as we scrolled down it's a skirt...we thought for a tiny minute she got over the dress stage. I love that she is such a girly girl!! Sorry you guys have been through heck this week! How are you feeling? I can't believe how close you're getting! Sorry this is a novel! Tell everyone Happy Halloween!

P.S. We changed our last blog post title

i'm erin. said...

wow jana, that totally sucks, but that would be a lot of fun for the girls! I would be so mad at those builders!

Beth said...

Ahh... Remember the good ol days where when something like that happened you would just call down to apt 1 for me to come up to handle it?

Or to yell out your window for me to keep it down as I was shoveling the driveway early in the morning.

BTA Apartments!!!

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

wow Jana that sucks- and pregnant on top of it all! But you got some super cute picts out of it & I love the Halloween costumes! So cute!

Anonymous said...

The girls look so cute in their Halloween costumes. Glad you finally got everything fixed

Angie said...

what a total pain! that is super annoying. i hate being away from my house for more than a couple days.

Beth said...

you are a good woman, jana. amazing.