Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Has anyone seen our Toaster?

So our toaster broke this morning which sucks because we use it everyday. I went to Target to buy a new one. I had the baby carrier in the main part of the cart so I put the new toaster underneath the cart. I paid for my purchases and left. After loading the three kids into the car, which seems to take forever I forgot to put my purchase into the car. Literally two minutes after I left the parking lot to go home, I realized I'd left the toaster on the bottom of the cart. I did a u-turn and raced back to the store only to find that the toaster was no longer there. I went inside Target to see if someone turned it in, which of course no one had. I was so mad. The best they could offer me was to take my number down incase someone turns it in later, which of course they won't. So all the way home I was fuming thinking about that 30$ that basically just got flushed down the toilet and the fact that I still don't have a toaster. I was in the worst mood. When we got home I went to work on dinner. About 10 minutes later Zoey asked me to come see something outside. On the wall across the street that sometimes has signs for garage sales or lost dogs was a lost and found sign for our toaster, made by Zoey. My heart melted and of course was no longer mad.

13 comments:

Beth said...

so sweet. what a doll.

Traci said...

That's so cute! Sorry about the toaster though, that does totally suck.

Anonymous said...

What a great kid. That just shows you how great your parenting skills are. :)

Nicole B. said...

That is too cute!! Sorry about the toaster and hopefully the word will get out that the Went's lost their toaster and it will be returned quickly. Sorry we weren't able to come this last weekend. We missed seeing you and Kellen. We hope you guys are doing ok.

Katie said...

Jana, that's the sweetest thing! Zoey is so thoughful.

Alicia H said...

That is just to cute! What a sweetheart. This is why we have children...so we can laugh and enjoy life. She is super thoughtful.

Alicia H said...

So now that I have posted a comment...I want to leave a disclaimer (since my comment is just like everyone elses). I try not to read the comment before I write mine so that I don't write the same things...but it's seems that I think like everyone else! LOL I am laughing about this and I just think it's funny. That's all.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing for her to do. Wouldn't that be neat if the toaster really did show up.

Chelsea said...

Wow that is the funniest thing we have heard in a long long time. Zoey your the best!!!

Angie said...

haha. that is awesome. what a thoughtful and SMART girl. i love it!

John Ivie said...

That is so cute! what a smart girlie!

david said...

bummer about the toaster, but that is such a classic story.

Amy said...

I had to laugh when I read this. I have done the same thing, only I made it home and went to use the stuff I bought and realized it wasn't anywhere to be found, even after ripping apart our dirty van. Not only once has this happened, but twice. Both times I have called the store and they have had my goods.It's nice to know I'm not alone.