Friday, May 27, 2011

Opposition in all things

I have been sick for two weeks. It started as a cold and turned into a nasty sinus infection. I am really stubborn about going to the Dr. I hate going. I'd rather do just about anything else. But when I woke up last Monday with a pounding blinding headache, snot so thick and green it seriously looked like slime from the Ghostbusters movie and a neck ache so intense I was positive I had meningitis, I swallowed my pride and dragged myself to the quickcare to get some drugs. I've been miserable all week as I've taken it easy to let my body get better. The problem is I sort of hate doing that too. It makes me anxious. I like to accomplish, to be motivated. And I missed out on probably the best week of the entire spring of perfect running mornings. So this morning when I finally felt good enough to workout, it felt awesome. Though I'm still fighting through the end of my infection it was such a drastic difference from how I felt a few days earlier. I came home elated. Happy. Satisfied. The scriptures tell us more than once that there must be opposition in all things. And for some reason though I've had sickness before this experience made me appreciate this concept in a way I never had. I'm so grateful for the trials to more fully appreciate the joys.

No comments: