Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby Kellen Van is here!


My employer recently switched insurance carriers from Pacificare to UnitedHealth. No big deal right because UnitedHealth owns Pacificare. No worries, baby comes in January, not a problem, surely Centennial Hills Hospital 2 minutes from our house takes UnitedHealth. Well, turns out it doesn't. We find this out on Wednesday, a mere two days before the baby is scheduled to arrive via c-section. Next closest option is Summerlin Hospital, about 25 minutes away from our house. After a few days of begging for an in-network continuing treatment exception to allow us to go to Centennial Hills (much closer, more convenient, easier for folks to see us), we decided to make the switch when UnitedHealth was noncommittal. Naturally, not even 45 minutes after we make the switch UnitedHealth approves our request for an exception. Too late by then.


Luckily, we have the best doctor ever, Dr. Tammy Kelly. She is excellent! I even made it known that I used to do medical malpractice as an attorney while we were chatting the OR and it didn't faze her!!:)


Baby came out just fine, 8lbs, 6ozs, 20inches long, little bald-headed like his daddy with a bit of reddish blonde hair.
See pic below!



15 comments:

The Bohne's said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby. I'm glad everything went well. Can't wait to see him.

JasonDebbie said...

Yeah!! I've been thinking about you guys today, he is so beautiful!! And I LOVE that name, thats one that is on my list of cute boy names.

Alicia H said...

Glad that everything went well. He is too cute! Good luck with everything. I am here when you need me to hold him.

Shannon & Summer said...

Hip Hip Hooray! I am so happy for you guys! And, how fun to have a boy too!

Allyson said...

We have the same DR. SHE IS THE BEST!!!! congrats. he is adorable!

Chelsea said...

He is so cute! Congrats hope your feeling well know we love you! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

david said...

beautiful baby! Congrats y'all!

John Ivie said...

What a sweet little baby boy! I am glad that everyone is well in the Went household. I still have some presents for Kellen and mama. I love that name. John and I were thinking about Kelton. Kind of similar:-) Love you guys! Congrats!

The Piet Girls said...

We are so happy for you! I can't wait to see him in person.

Angie said...

Congratulations! I love the name. He is awesome.

Alan said...

Congratulations Joe and Jana. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Jaime said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see him!

i'm erin. said...

ohhhh so cute. congrats Jana!

Anonymous said...

Kellen is so cute. He looks like a little Bulkley baby

The Wents said...

I like that picture. This is Zoey