Friday, January 30, 2009

Vampires and Babies

So early this morning, roughly 3 AM as I got up for the 6th time to try and get Kellen to sleep I made a discovery. Most everyone I know likes Twilight.....so as I held Kellen in the rocking chair, exhausted and frustrated I caught a whiff of his sweet, delicious newborn smell. And when he finally fell back to sleep and a contended sigh escaped letting me smell his yummy newborn breath it completley drew me in and I was in love again. So I've decided that is how vampires must smell too. That sweet, intoxicating smell that makes you want to get closer despite the danger, or in my case, the exhaustion and frustration. (Certainly more sleep is needed when you start comparing fictional events to real life. )

8 comments:

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

I am just catching up on blogs and LOVED seeing these pictures of Kellen. He's adorable. It was interesting to see the picts of the c-section too. Amazing I think. I called you Jana, hope you got my message because the answering machine didn't say your name and I'm always worried that it is the wrong number or somethign when it's like that. I am thinking about you guys. Your girls look so cute with him and I can't wait to meet him someday. And btw- I finally read twilight. :)

Beth said...

Yeah baby.

i'm erin. said...

Oh I know that feeling so well. I love the smell of Ruby eventhough I am so tired, I just want to close my eyes and fall asleep with her right in my arms. That is such a sweet post Jana.

Alicia H said...

I completely agree about the baby breath. I thought I was the only one who enjoyed smelling that sweetness. LOVE IT! I think it's best when they are nursed. Oh he is so cute.

Sorry I have not been a better friend to help you. Let me know what I can do for you. I am glad you have a family and good ward to help you.

Chelsea said...

Kellen is so darn cute and I can not wait to hold him and kiss him!! Jana those are amazing pictures and so neat for him to see someday! So how is life going? I'm sure it's pretty nuts right now, but hang in there! We're praying for you and love you and hope you can get some sleep soon because sometimes thats what makes all the difference!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I hope you and the new baby are doing well. I can't wait until you can hit the gym with me.

hendricks14 said...

Congrats Jana! Kellen is beautiful! I think he kind of looks like Zoey. I am glad you are doing well. I have wanted to stop by, but my kids have been taking turns with the flu for the last few weeks and I don't want to pass it on. Love the comparison of baby breath. Scott and I never noticed it until Marianne, but must agree that it is very sweet and captivating!

Anonymous said...

Kellen is so adorable. We love you